Unpleasant and almost unavoidable
The issue of snoring certainly falls into the category of those not only troubling ones, but also those that must befall each and every person at one point of his/her life and do so at least once. Therefore, snoring related issues are something with which many will certainly be able to identify, in the broadest sense of it. And this is also true, not only for the people who snore, but also for those who are affected by the snoring and thus are most likely to suffer from chronic sleep deprivation.
Snoring as such is known to occur as a direct consequence of a blockage of some kind, which tends to befall our airways. A direct result, or better to say consequence of this is the change in the way that the respiratory system functions and sounds – prevalent are rattling and vibration.
Who to blame the most
When it comes to those most influential causes of snoring, those regarded as the most prominent ones are the following:
- Too relaxed tongue muscles and muscles of the soft palate are known to induce snoring
- Tonsils, larger than usual, are known to influence the sound as such, and this ultimately results in the increase of snoring intensity
- Blockage of airways due to a certain position (e.g. lying on one’s back) might also be at the root of snoring
- Blockage in nasal passages
- Improperly aligned jaw
- Build up of fat in one’s throat is yet another common culprit
- When it comes to seniors, often a cause of snoring is decreased muscle tone
Most effective remedies
No matter how severe in nature snoring is, there are certain things and steps that one can undertake in order to establish control over it, and in due time battle it off successfully. Some of those that have already proven their effectiveness include:
- In case of obesity or minor weight related problems, one should consider shedding those additional kilos as soon as possible, complementing it with a healthy diet and lots of exercise (regular).
- Giving up on those nasty habits, such as smoking, is also another extremely beneficial thing one can do for him/herself.
- Changing the sleeping position is also known to provide relief from snoring (e.g. sleeping on the side).
- Throwing away the old one and substituting it with a new, more fitting and more pleasant pillow, such as the anti-snoring pillows, will most certainly aid one in his/her battle against this annoying condition.
- Emptying the nasal passages prior to going to bed is another good technique to ensure oneself from potential snoring bouts.
- Sleeping pills should be disregarded, as well as the food varieties that affect the muscles of the throat in the way that they tend to relax too much.