Night coughing can be a problem and cause great problems with sleep. We will see how this problem can be eliminated in the following lines. When the body is invaded by foreign particles, one of the most common symptoms of this problem is cough, but it can also be a symptoms of common cold, strep throat or other minor condition. Still, bronchitis, pneumonia and other serious respiratory disorders can cause cough as well. Constant coughing can also be caused by acid reflux. Know that the treatment will not be needed for cough that lasts for one or two days, but there is a chance that you will have great problems with sleep as well, if the cough occurs during night and produces mucus. Treatment of this problem has to be conducted immediately and we will see how.
Medications are very effective with night coughing, which is caused by allergies, bacterial or viral infections, and are best treated with antihistamines. This over-the-counter medication can be easily acquired. You can use cough syrups, while pulmonary congestion can be treated with the use of cough suppressants and decongestants, along with creams with menthol. Coughs can be cured if you apply this cream on the nose or the chest. But treatment can be done with natural remedies as effectively as with medications.
Night coughs can be a nuisence that can be treated with some of the following home remedies.
- Cough can be treated with honey and this is one of the most effective natural treatments for this problem. During the day, on one or two occasions, take one tablespoon of pure honey and this will eliminate cough.
- Another good remedy is turmeric, which can treat strep throat and dry cough. Before going to sleep, drink a mix of one glass of lukewarm water and half a teaspoon of turmeric. Prevention of the dry cough and cough in general can be achieved with the use of this remedy along with very successful treatment.
- A mix of a teaspoon of honey and pinch of white pepper should be consumed three or four times during the day in order to eliminate cough.
- Include garlic in your meals, or consume two or three raw garlic cloves, and this will eliminate cough. The odor can be reduced by mixing honey with the ginger cloves.
- Salt water is maybe the oldest remedy for this problem and you can make it by mixing a glass of lukewarm water and a teaspoon of salt. Before going to sleep, gargle your throat with this mix and also during the day, on two or three occasions.