Coughing as a health problem
Coughing is a way in which the body attempts to clear the lungs and throat from foreign material or mucus and to make them sterile. There are different types of cough, including those that do not produce mucus, the so-called nonproductive and dry cough, but every type is either chronic or acute in nature. The causes of cough are also different, ranging from allergies and asthma, to the inflammation of the larynx or pharynx and smoking. Even though it might sound unbelievable, the changes in the weather can cause cough as well. The cause and the type influence the method of the treatment and even though the doctor is usually the one who will suggest the best option, there are some so-called home remedies that might be tried out, because they have proven to be effective and helpful in relieving the symptoms.
Pepper and honey as home remedies
Pepper and honey are only some of the ingredients that are used in a number of home remedies.
- Black pepper powder can be mixed with salt and used to fill one cut lemon in order to decrease the intensity of the cough.
- A pinch of white pepper (but grounded only) should be added to a teaspoon of honey to cure the cough.
- Black pepper and long pepper should be mixed with dry ginger and the mixture should be added to honey in order to relieve the cough.
- Long pepper and pulp of Belleric Myorbalan fruit mixed with honey provide a very useful combination for the treatment of cough.
- Honey can be combined with grape juice, since this combination is also helpful in the treatment of cough.
- A paste that contains red pepper, ginger, apple cider vinegar, honey and water is also an effective home remedy for cough.
- The syrup, which is actually a combination of the juice made of onions and honey, is an excellent remedy for cough.
Some other home remedies that could help
- A paste made of almonds, butter and sugar has also proven to be helpful. It is important to know that the almonds need to be soaked in water for a while, and then their brown skin should be removed.
- The sauce of ground raisins, water and sugar is also a good solution for cough, but in order to get the sauce, this mixture needs to be heated.
- Warm spinach juice should be used for gargling, since this also provides the necessary relief.