If you are in the front of any audience at all and if you ask them to stand up those who have had one vegetable or fruit that day; no one would stand up and that is for sure. This is usual, everyone today eat convenience or processed food or have insufficient amount of fruits or veggies in. It is important to eat fruit and veggies at least 5 times a day, and in the cases of cancer, at least 8-13 times. The measure is one fruits and veggies serving of raw or instead of fresh ½ cooked.
Fruits and veggies are utterly important to detain chronic diseases. Vegetables content minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants, and if the measure of each is right, it aid with better energy flow and with help of fruits it creates a powerful immune system.
Different shades (color) in veggies and fruits construct the immune system. Healthy day intake needs variety of shades (colors) in order to get complete spectra of needed phytochemicals.
And veggies and fruits there are all needed mineral and vitamin supplements. Fruits and veggies have about 12,000 phytochemicals and about 180 minerals and vitamins, which is enough for human body for one day. All variety of fruits & veggies build immune system strong enough to fight against every day stress. That is why variety of veggies and fruits is so important: to gain all necessary nutrients in daily diet.
The Variety of Shades
• Red veggies & fruits are red cabbage, tomatoes and watermelon. Reds have a lot of phytochemicals that limits the damage of free radicals. The lycopene which is phytochemicals, is good to disable a prostate problems, and detain bad effects of sun on the skin. Lycopene gives them a red color.
• Orange veggies & fruits are apricots, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe. Orange food has carotenoids that detain cancer by fixing the DNA. These are good for eyes. Orange food provides body with vitamin A and prevents osteoporosis.
• Green veggies & fruits are cabbage, Brussels sprouts, romaine lettuce, kale, spinach, broccoli etc... Greens help the circulatory system. And with B-complex vitamins and minerals, a phytochemicals in green foods are basically indoles and sulforaphane that are also anti-cancerous.
• Red/Blue/Purple veggies & fruits are grapes, red apples, blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, beets, prunes, blackberries. These are full of antioxidants, anthocyanins that fight heart disease making a better circulation and stopping blood to clot. Antioxidants are phytochemicals that are anti aging, which improving a blood circulation, sorting out the damage done by processed and trans fats foods we get in the supermarket.
• White/Green veggies & fruits are onions, pears, celery, chives and garlic. These veggies & fruits are an anti-fungal, anti-viral and the anti-bacterial phytochemicals combination of allicin (some of the listed), which are the natural antibiotics. If a high fat meat on the table it is good to have extra garlic of onions to reduce toxicity. While celery content organic sodium and minerals that feed joints.
• Orange /Yellow veggies & fruits are tangerines, oranges, peaches, pineapple, papaya and nectarines. These foods have plenty of antioxidants, Vitamin C, and upgrade a great deal connective tissue and mucus membranes. Orange /Yellow veggies & fruits are helping the fight against heart disease, by working on circulation and reducing any sort of inflammation.
• Green/Yellow veggies & fruits are avocado, yellow corn, collard greens, green peas and honeydew melon. These are full of carotenoids zeaxanthin and lutein and limits risk of building a macular degeneration and cataracts. These decrease the risk from osteoporosis.