Introduction to red ant bites
Red ants are insects that can commonly be found around the one’s home, they are commonly referred to as fire ants. These insects can be found in the garden, in the backyard, on farms, and generally in any place that is moist around the home.
It is important to remember that they will not attack and bite a human being unless they are provoked to do so. Therefore, it is best to keep your distance from them, because as soon as the ant feels threatened by you, they will bite you.
Also, when red ants appear, they appear in great amounts, and will build large colonies around the home, so getting bitten usually runs the risk of getting bitten many times at once.
When the red ant bites a person, they will old on to the skin. The bites do not last long, but they do last long enough for the venom to injected into the skin, which will result in the formation of big red bumps and hives on the skin.
Not only will these bumps on the skin swell and look unsightly, they will also cause a significant amount of itching and a burning sensation on the skin.
About one full day after a person has been bitten, boils filled with white pus will begin to form on the skin that will be itchy and will also be contagious if they are scratched and the burst.
When bitten, the most crucial thing to do is to get all of the ants off the skin immediately. They can be brushed off with a towel, but it’s also not a bad idea to take a shower in order to make sure that they are all gone.
Do not try to brush them off with your hands because they could bite the hands as well, which will result in seriously itchy and uncomfortable welts on a very awkward part of the body.
The area of the body that has been bitten should be elevated in order to decrease the swelling.
Then, the person should use some rubbing alcohol to clean the area and disinfect it at the same time.
Antiseptic cream can then be rubbed on the skin.
If the bites are very sever, then a person should take some antihistamines, not before consulting a doctor, however.
Once the area has been cleaned and disinfected, the skin should be covered with gauze or a bandaid in order to prevent the skin infection from spreading due to a person constantly scratching at the boils.
There is a possibility that a person could have an allergic reaction to the bites and experience difficulty breathing, and if this occurs, they need to be rushed to the hospital for immediate treatment.