Couldn't find what you looking for?


Mold can be very bad for the body not only unsightly for the household. Black mold is particularly bad and if exposed to it a person needs to treat the symptoms hastily.

People did not know until recently that many symptoms were caused by black mold, but thanks to recent research there have been new treatments developed to treat the symptoms of exposure to black mold especially.

The best treatment of course is prevention. There are two kinds of mold, toxic and non-toxic, and non-toxic is a bit easier to treat.

The symptoms of black mold exposure are similar to that of a regular, everyday cold. Allergies will start to erupt most likely. Usually, such mold is caused by poor ventilation in the home and the best way to help with the symptoms of a stuffy nose and sinus pain is to open up a window and improve ventilation.

A person can usually tell where the mold is by the symptoms and reactions. If a person goes up to the attic to find some old clothes and notices that their nose is getting stuffy, there is a good chance that there is mold somewhere in that area.

If the mold is not disposed of, the symptoms will not go away so the person needs to find it and get it out of the house as soon as possible.

Keeping the home both dry and well ventilated is the best way to stop mold from growing.

As mentioned previously, the symptoms caused by toxic mold exposure tend to be more serious.

Doctors have found at least 50 symptoms, but some of the most common include sore threat, cough, red eyes, rashes, fever, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue, asthma and dizziness.

If a person suspects that they have a toxic mold in the house, they must call a mold specialist immediately to take samples and to find out what kind it is, so that the symptoms can be treated properly.

In order to relieve these symptoms, the doctor will probably recommend a detoxification program.

Sometimes antihistamines are prescribed along with nasal decongestants.

If the symptoms are more serious the doctor might administer immunotherapy with shots that contain a small dose of the mold that is causing the allergies.

It is important to know what kind of mold is causing the problems and to have a detailed description of the symptoms prepared for the doctor, so that he or she can prescribe the proper treatment.

Your thoughts on this

User avatar Guest