Couldn't find what you looking for?


After finishing your necessary education and completing your two-year internship, you are ready to become a full-time podiatrist. Namely, podiatrists are people who are commonly called foot doctors. Today, many people care for their legs more than they did several decades ago. Therefore, they need the help of podiatrists now more than ever. Subsequently, being a podiatrist has become a very lucrative business, due to the high demand.

The Daily Business

Once you are a podiatrist, your line of work is very dynamic. Basically, you are in charge with helping people deal with their foot problems. This means that you examine disorders, diseases and deformities which might affect the area encompassing the feet, the ankles and lower legs.

As for the treatment methods you can use, there is a wide variety in this aspect as well. You can use surgical, electrical, medical and mechanical methods of providing health service, helping people deal with their feet problems.

However, before all this can be possible, you need to get your license and have the necessary degree in medicine. Nevertheless, once this is done, you will become a fully-certified food doctor, doing surgeries and prescribing adequate medications. Additionally, you will need to treat food fractures, sprains and others such health problems. Diseases are also your line of work, since your patients may be suffering from arthritis, diabetes or even heart diseases. All these conditions affect patients' legs and feet, making them come to you for help. Also, you might have a job of assisting sport players medically, through training support or massage therapies. Finally, other fields where your work may be more than appreciated are geriatrics, pediatrics, dermatology, foot care for diabetics or radiology.

The Monthly Payment

These days, about 76% of podiatrists work for someone while the remaining 24% are self-employed. Nevertheless, a podiatrist's work encompasses about 40 hours a week, bringing one from $64,000 to over $160,000 yearly. In fact, podiatry has been named one of the most lucrative jobs nowadays.

Today, when we face recession and hard conditions when it comes to finances and our very existence, podiatry can bring you a lot of money, especially if you specialize in the right area. For example, if you specialize in sports medicine, you might be facing a future with $208,000 a year. Sometimes, you are capable of earning more once you have a partner than when you are working alone. Additionally, your salary may vary from city to city and from state to state.

Finally, in order to reach the top of this business, you need to start from the bottom. Thus, it takes a lot of hard work, but, at the end of the day, podiatry can provide you with more than enough money to make a good living.

Your thoughts on this

User avatar Guest