Are you fast approaching your estimated due date, or has your due date already been and gone? Most pregnant women naturally gravitate to their homes, wanting to stay home to prepare those last few things for the new baby, or are more pragmatically driven by the wish to avoid everyone in Target or Walmart witnessing how your bag of waters breaks. Then there are those who are on maternity leave and just can't be bothered to leave the house.
Late in your third trimester, it is common to be exhausted, "done" with being pregnant, and to wonder when labor will start already. Are you "stuck" at home and bored? You are not alone we are with you, and will come to the rescue with some nice at-home entertainment ideas for women who are about to give birth.
1) Read a good book, watch a great film (or a stupid one, for all I care!) and spend some time reading your favorite blogs or websites. Books and modern technology do make the time go faster, and the great thing about them is that you don't have to move off your couch or get up from your bed if you don't want to.
2) Invite friends over for dinner. If you are one of those ladies who just can't stop being the hostess, or you don't see what the big deal is about being really active right before your labor, cook for your friends. If you are feeling tired or just think you deserve a little pampering, invite your friends over to cook for you, for a change. You'll be surprised how many friends you will find totally willing to do this, especially if they are mothers too. No matter if you are the cook or the consumer, keep in mind that having frozen meals in the freezer can seem like a gift from heaven if you have a newborn.
3) If you are in full nesting mode, wash and iron all those cute little newborn baby clothes, and put them in your new baby's closet. Aren't they all cute? One more thing you might enjoy looking at clothes-wise are your pre-pregnancy outfits, which you will hopefully be fitting into again very soon. They need ironing and washing too!
4) Board games, either actual or online, are another wonderful way to pass the time, with your partner, friends or older kids.
5) Start keeping a journal or scrap booking if you don't do so already. Reading about this period of time, when you were waiting around for labor to start, will be very entertaining a year or so from now!