Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Baldness treatment for women

Introduction

Women have a very hard time with baldness, because hair is definitely one of the most beautiful components of any person. Every woman who suffers from baldness should search for the best treatment options which may be helpful. It is very important to understand that baldness can be triggered by a large number of different causes and factors. There are more than 2 percent of people in the United States who are affected with baldness, so it can be considered as a relatively common medical condition. Alopecia areata is the baldness causes by hereditary factors, and it actually occurs in 95 percent of all cases of baldness. The remaining 5 percent of cases of baldness are triggered by hair loss which commonly occurs due to various illnesses, an unhealthy diet and stress, among others.

Treatment for Baldness Conditions in Women

Numerous scientific studies have shown that baldness can be considered as an autoimmune disease. The aforementioned alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease which affects both sexes. When a person suffers from alopecia areata, his or her hair follicles get attacked by their own immune system. The treatment for alopecia areata commonly includes various different types of hair loss solutions, topical immunotherapy (which consists of Minodixil and Anthralin) and certain types of hormones which are known as glucocorticoids. The treatment method is usually determined by a dermatologist. Some cases of alopecia areata in women may be treated with prescribed topical or oral estrogens. Testosterones should be avoided. Contraceptives based or ethynodiol diacetate and norgestimate are the ones which should be used. Androgenetic alopecia is a medical condition which is also referred to as the female pattern baldness and it differs from the one which affects the male persons. The pattern involves thinning of the hair which occurs all over the head. This type of baldness is usually treated by a topical solution of 2 percent of minoxidil. This type of solution is approved by the FDA and it is very efficient in stimulating the growth of hair. Some cases of androgenetic alopecia are treated with topical or oral estrogens as well.  Proper hair cair should involve the use of proper shampoos, conditioners and other hair care products. Certain choices of hairstyles may also lead to baldness. The hair needs to be as loose as possible, so braids and ponytails need to be avoided as much as possible. The same can be said for all different types of tight hairstyles. 

Your thoughts on this

User avatar Guest
Captcha