One must know that vomiting is not a disease, but only a medical condition or a symptom of some disorder or illness. When a person has nausea, he/she has an urge to vomit and eject all contents of the stomach up through the mouth. There are many causes for this condition, such as medications, viral infections, seasickness, headaches, morning sickness during pregnancy, and bulimia, as well as alcoholism, food allergies and food poisoning. It is not unusual to get an urge to vomit when seeing some other person vomiting.
Homeopathic remedies for vomiting
There are many homeopathic remedies for this condition that are very effective. Moreover, they are healthy and harmless. However, it is advisable to consult a good homeopath before using any of these homeopathic remedies. Homeopaths can best recommend which homeopathic remedy best suits specific person.
- Ipecac is a homeopathic remedy that is recommended for usage when vomiting occurs after a meal with much nausea and clear tongue. It is taken in small amounts and is regarded as the most effective homeopathic remedy for persistent nausea and vomiting. If a person has certain cerebral problem or disease and vomiting appears just as a symptom of that condition, Ipecac is the best solution in such case.
- Kreosote is very helpful when vomiting is a symptom of phthisis, cancerous growths or kidney diseases. Moreover, vomiting of food that in an undigested form is lying in the stomach for a long time requires the use of Kreosote.
- Aethusa is a homeopathic remedy that is very effective for treating vomiting in children, which is followed by extreme exhaustion.
- Phosphorus is recommended for treatment of chronic vomiting of dyspepsia and vomiting of blood in gastric ulcer and cancer.
- Bismuth is a homeopathic remedy that should be used when vomiting occurs the moment a person finishes a meal and when it is accompanied byburning pain.
- Belladonna is used for vomiting caused by cerebral diseases, while Camphor monobromide is used for the persistent vomiting in children, which appears as the result of brain infections.
- Iris versicolor is a homeopathic remedy that is most effective when a person vomits too sour matters. The vomiting of milk each time a person drinks it requires the use of Calcarea carbonica.
When a person vomits immediately after eating or drinking and has white coated tongue, Antimonium crudum is a homeopathic remedy which is best for this kind of vomiting. Furthermore, Antimonium crudum is used for vomiting caused by eating indigestible substance, or from the heat of summer.