Ovarian Cysts Overview
Ovarian cysts are the small fluid-filled sacs that develop in ovaries. Most ovarian cysts are benign. Ovarian cysts resemble bubbles, contain only fluids and are surrounded by very thin wall. If ovarian follicle grows larger than two centimeters, it is considered as ovarian cyst. Women of all ages are affected by ovarian cysts, but most often it affects women during their childbearing years. They can appear normally and disappear within several weeks without any treatment. Ovarian cysts are generally harmless, but sometimes may cause problems such as rupturing, bleeding or pain. In some cases surgery may be necessary to remove the cysts.
Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts
Ovarian cysts usually do not produce any symptoms but sometimes they can be associated with the following symptoms:
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Lower abdominal and pelvic pain which can be severe, sudden and sharp
- Feeling of lower abdominal or pelvic pressure or fullness
- Pain or pressure with urination or bowel movements
- Pelvic pain after sexual intercourse or strenuous exercise
- Nausea or vomiting
Ovary pain can be symptom of various conditions. Pain in ovaries usually results from ovarian cysts, ovarian tumors, pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis.
Homeopathic Remedies for Ovary Cyst and Ovary Pain
- Apis mellifica (Apis) - It is a whole honeybee. In homeopathy it is known as bee sting therapy. It acts on right ovary causing the inflammation of the ovary. It causes burning, stinging and swelling. Apis mellifica is also effective for the left ovary.
- Mercurius corrosivus – used for treating ovarian neuralgia.
- Belladona (Bell) – This remedy is effective in treating acute ovaritis. The symptoms involve pain on the right side, sensitivity of the patient, flushed and shiny face.
- Platinum – For sensitive ovaries, burning pain and chronic ovarian irritation with sexual excitement.
- Palladium – Tumefaction and induration of the right ovary.
- Aurum – Ovarian induration.
- Lillium – Ovarian neuralgias.
- Staphisagria – Remedy for ovarian irritation that occur in nervous women.
- Lacheis (Lach) – Discharge from the womb alleviates pain in left ovary.
- Graphites – Tumefaction and induration of the left ovary.
- Arsenicum (Ars) – Right ovary affected by burning pain. Women thirsty, irritable and restless.
- Colocynth – Ovarian colic.
- Hamamelis – Ovaritis and ovarian neuralgia.
- Thuja – Chronic grumbling pain in the ovaries.
- Podophyllum – Pain in the right ovary.
Herbs and Supplements
Many herbs and supplements can be helpful in treating ovarian cysts as well as in preventing their recurrence. Vitamin E in combination with essential fatty acids can be useful if you suffer from ovary cysts. Apart from that, you can try taking borage, flax seed oil, evening primrose, garlic and onion.