Couldn't find what you looking for?


Beautiful Killers

There are numerous plants out there, inthe nature, which are quite controversial in their nature. Namely,many plants which look inviting, edible, or, simply benign, can bemore than dangerous for you and your health, moreover these can be deadly.Thus, you need to be very careful when in the open, especiallyonce you desire to eat some of nature's fruits. Many of them containpoisonous substances which are capable of killing a horse, let alonea child or an adult human being. Believe it or not, mistletoe,oleander, moonseed and many berries are quite toxic and can eithercause your digestive system plenty of trouble or kill you. All inall, when in nature, do not believe that everything is inviting andyou should chew upon everything you see. Rather, be careful and keepyour eyes wide open because the most beautiful and attractive plantstend to be the deadliest ones.

Facts about Poisonous Plants

If you thought that your problems endonce you do not go on risky trips in the nature, you are wrong. Ifyou like wild flowers and plants, having them in your home, you mightknow that philodendron and poinsettia are both toxic. Now, eventhough they are not deadly, you still do not want to risk your childor pet chewing on them and getting sick afterwards. When you touch orget bruised by these plants, you are bound to experience burning onthe skin, as well as other types of irritation and discomfort. Then,imagine what would happen if you ate any one of these. Probably, yourthroat would swell and you would have to be administered to ahospital.

Although we love and cherish potatoes,tomatoes, peppers and egg plants, we only eat fruits of these plantssince the rest of these plants is not edible but, rather, toxic andharmful. The same goes for fruit trees like plum, apple, peach andapricot. The seeds, bark and leaves are full of cyanide and can bedeadly if eaten.

Some flowers and hedges cause similarkinds of problems too. Lilies, foxglove, castor plants and manyothers can be deadly if they reach your digestive system, adding onto the toxic group of plants. Hedges like yew and privet have berrieswhich are deadly if consumed.

Therefore, pay close attention to whatyour child gets in contact with, in your garden, out in the open, orin your house. Many plants, as it was mentioned above, can bepotentially deadly, especially for children, and, thus, you shouldkeep them away.

Your thoughts on this

User avatar Guest