Find the perfect best friend
According to the numerous surveys, it has been discovered that on American soil, there is a rough estimate of 30% of people allergic to pets. Given the fact that this is in no way a number to be disregarded so easily, it is wise to take all the necessary steps before visiting your favorite pet shop. This especially goes for dogs; since they are most certainly number one when it comes to the most favorite companion a person desires by his/her side. But one difficulty, however, is that a person may not discover that there might be an allergy on the rise until he/she brings the dog back home. And once you introduce the new companion to other members of the family and they get used to it, when it proves that one or more members is allergic to it, it can be pretty difficult to separate the dog from the kids and then from you and your significant other also. Another aggravating circumstance, so to speak, is that in most cases, it will be a while until the dog develops dander - months can pass even. In the end, you might even feel in a way cheated. However all this can be avoided if only a person in question pays a bit more attention to the breed, as well as inform as much as possible prior to actually getting a dog.
Dog – yes, allergy – no
In order to make the entire process significantly easier, in continuation one can find a list of dogs that are regarded as safe for the people who are, either at increased risk, or already suffer from a specific type of dog/per related allergy.
- Airedale Terrier
- American Hairless Terrier - brave and hyperactive, and the one breed that will make your life a lot more interesting and dynamic
- Bedlington Terrier
- Basenji – originates from Africa, very quiet by nature
- Border Terrier
- Bichon Frise – not only intelligent but also extremely friendly dog
- Cairn Terrier
- Havanese – in close relation to the Bichon Frise
- Poodle – fanatics when it comes to playing fetch, but snuggly once in the person’s lap
- Portuguese Water Dog – water is their second home, why they are often known as the fishermen’s perfect company, extremely alert but bark only when there is the need to inform a person of approaching danger
- Spanish Water Dog
- Standard Schnauzer
- Tibetan Terrier
- Italian Greyhound
- Yorkshire Terrier
Dog breeds to be avoided by allergic people are Cocker Spaniels, Hounds, German Shepherds and Irish Setters.