How to treat arthritis naturally?
Even though there is no cure to arthritis, there are ways in which the symptoms can be relieved to a certain extent. The majority of people tends to rely on medications, but the truth is that there are also some natural remedies, which deserve to be tried out because a number of people claims that they are helpful. Some of them are:
- Glucosamine and chondroitin supplements help in the process of joint repair and they promote their health. The body produces them on its own, but those who suffer from arthritis should not rely only on the amount of these substances that the body produces, but they should use supplements that contain them.
- MSM is a compound that contains sulfur and it has anti-inflammatory properties, which means that its effect is similar to the effect of arthritis medications which are used in order to decrease swelling.
- Niacinamide is important for preservation of the integrity of cells and tissues, which results in slowing down the progression of the disease.
- Ginger extract can help people with arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties, and when it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, as some studies have shown, it proved to be even more helpful than NSAIDs. The same goes for turmeric extract.
Alternative methods of treatment
Alternative medicine offers a number of techniques and treatments which can help in cases of pain and inflammation, which are the main characteristics of arthritis. Some of them are:
- Acupuncture, a technique used by the Chinese for centuries, has the purpose to stimulate the flow of energy, and it is thought that it can cause the release of certain pain-relieving chemicals, which will certainly help to those in pain.
- Chiropractic is a technique which is frequently employed in the treatment of arthritis because besides the fact that it helps in getting rid of the tension and stress, it improves mobility of the body as well.
- Reflexology is a very old technique which is based on massage of the palms and feet. In this way, the overall state of the rest of the body can be improved and it is a perfect choice for those who are exposed to stress frequently, and for those who want to improve or maintain the overall health, which is closely related to arthritis.
- Yoga is a part of the treatment of numerous conditions and arthritis is only one of them. The fact that it helps in dealing with everyday stress, as well as that it improves the circulation of the blood in the joints, makes it valuable for those who suffer from arthritis.