Couldn't find what you looking for?


Wasps are insects that commonly live around human habitats. Many of wasp species do not sting, but the great majority of them has a venomous sting and may even attack humans. These insects are not aggressive, and they rarely attack, unless they are provoked, or if they need to defend their nest. Wasp bites can cause immediate skin reactions and are usually very painful. In many cases, stings are easily treated at home, but some people may experience a severe allergic reaction to wasp stings. This severe reaction affects the whole body and usually occurs very quickly. The symptoms include chest pain, face or mouth swelling, difficulty swallowing, trouble breathing, and even shock or death. The only way to prevent this from happening is to control the wasp population near the human habitats. One of the most efficient ways to do so is by using wasp spray.

Wasp sprays

Wasps can be very dangerous. About 1500 Americans die each year from the allergic reactions caused by wasps bite. Whenever there is a wasps' nest growing inside the house or somewhere near, one should start considering using a wasp spray or hiring a professional to get rid of the danger. Sometimes, the nest won’t be visible but if there are numerous wasps flying around the house, the people living inside of it may be in anger. The best way to destroy a colony of wasps is to use a wasp spray on their nest. However, this may be very dangerous, since wasps normally defend their nests. It is important to use the spray from the safe distance which is typically somewhere around 20 feet. There are two main types of wasp sprays: natural wasp spray and chemical wasp spray.

Natural Wasp SprayNatural wasp sprays are made from natural ingredients and typically combine citrus oil extracts, lavender oil, eucalyptus or citronella oil. The mint compounds found in this spray can paralyze wasps and jam their breathing holes, causing them to die.

Chemical wasp spray

This type of spray is highly effective and normally causes an instant death, at the same moment as it gets in contact with insects. However, chemical wasp spray has one serious disadvantage – it is very toxic not only for wasps, but also for humans and other animals. This wasp control solution should be used with extreme caution, and should always be kept out of reach of children. However, certain compounds from chemical sprays can still affect the animals found in the area that is sprayed with these chemicals.

Your thoughts on this

User avatar Guest