Every couple that faces the heartbreak of infertility will want to find the best possible care and treatment to rectify the problem when trying to conceive. The following article takes a look at the best fertility doctors and the area of where specializing, location and any other important information a couple needs to know. Deciding which doctor will help when attempting reproductive assistance is one of the most important and personal decisions a couple will ever make, so knowing which doctor can help in their unique situation as an absolute must.
The following are leading medical professionals in the field of assisted reproduction:
- Dr. Sherman J. Silber, MD: located in St. Louis, Missouri, Dr. Silber is an expert in the field of microsurgery and infertility, leading the field in IVF, sperm retrieval, intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICIS), vasectomy reversal, ovary transplantation, tubal ligation reversal, egg and embryo freezing and anything concerning the reproductive biological clock.
- Dr. Eric Surrey, MD: medical director of the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine and president of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, a top group in the field of infertility treatment.
- Dr. Zev Rosenwaks, MD: clinical director of the Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility in New York City, New York. Specializes in preserving cancer patient fertility and provides genetic testing for sickle cell anemia and retinoblastoma, a genetic eye cancer. Clinic has a pregnancy rate of 42% for women above the age of 35.
- Dr. Kenneth Burry, MD: director of the University Fertility Consultants at Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. Had 505 successful assisted reproduction cycles and transfers in 2005 and has a highly trained and experienced laboratory staff.
- Dr. Jamie Grifo, MD, PhD: the very first specialist in the United States to successfully perform pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, which is the genetic screening process of an embryo for specific inherited diseases.
- Dr. Russell Foulk, MD: a leading expert in the field of blastocysts research, works closely with the National Institute of Child Human & Health Development and is currently researching the underlying cause behind older patients that experience failed cycles of assisted reproduction.
- Dr. Kevin Winslow, MD: leader in the field of non-donor fresh embryo transfer and has the highest success rate of pregnancy using frozen unfertilized eggs in the country.
When trying to conceive a baby, a couple must do as much research as possible in order to find out everything there is to know about the doctors that may help. Sometimes contacting a fertility specialist is the best way possible for an infertile couple to someday be able to welcome a baby of their own to love.