Erectile dysfunction is also called impotence, and refers to the inability to get an adequate erection for pleasurable sexual activity. It is frequent in men after their 65 years, but this condition can also occur at any age.
Natural cures for erectile dysfunction
There are many natural remedies for the erectile dysfunction treatment of this penis disorder, but many specialist recommend five natural remedies, which are the most effective and which give good results. L-arginine, Propionyl-L-Carnitine, Gingko, Zinc, and Ashwagandha are most commonly used natural remedies to treat erectile dysfunction.
- L-arginine is one of the amino acids of which nitric oxide is made. This amino acid has the role to help the muscle that surrounds the blood vessels in the penis to relax and because of this, the blood vessels become wider and the blood flow is increased. As the result of that, erection is possible. We can find this amino acid in meat and poultry, as well as in dairy and fish. There are also oral supplements of L-arginine, which are popularly known as natural Viagra. The effectiveness of this natural remedy has been investigated in some studies, which proved that this amino acid is very good in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. There are few side effects of L-arginine and they include some digestive problems. People who have stomach problems or ulcers, as well as those who take certain medications that change the levels of potassium in the body, should not use this remedy.
- Propionyl-L-carnitine used in combination with acetyl-L-carnitine and sildenafil, or propionyl-L-carnitine used in combination with Viagra may have positive results that include erectile function and satisfaction in sexual intercourse.
- Gingko is another natural remedy that is recommended for the treatment of this condition. Usually this herb is used in men who have erectile dysfunction caused by taking some antidepressant medicines. This herb has the similar role as L-arginine because it also relaxes the muscle in the penis, thus increasing the blood flow.
- The level of Zinc in the body can be decreased significantly during some medical condition, such as diabetes or digestive disorders, as well as kidney or liver diseases. The patients suffering from these states have to use certain medications and diuretics that reduce the amount of Zinc, which leads to erectile dysfunction.
- Ashwagandha is also well-known under the name Indian Ginseng. This herb is very helpful in increasing the energy and sexual function, although it is not proven whether it is effective for the successful treatment of erectile dysfunction. Sometimes, the use of this herb can cause drowsiness and sleeplessness and it must not be used with the sedative medicines.