For a couple wanting to have a baby to complete their family, the journey to parenthood can be both exciting and challenging. From conception to birth, pregnancy is one of the most joyous and wonderful experiences a couple can ever have in life. When a couple has been trying to conceive for more than a year and have not had positive results, it could be time to try different things.
Low sperm count can be one of the leading reasons why a male can experience fertility impairment; the condition can either be temporary or permanent. A temporary reduction in sperm count can be related to a variety of different things such as vigorous physical activities, extreme heat exposure to the genitals, medications or some other form of physical reason.
Men experiencing a low sperm count can make some lifestyle and dietary adjustments which can enhance sperm count naturally. Natural ways to improve sperm quality can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Regular exercise: participating in regular exercise will help a man maintain a normal body weight, relieves stress and overall good health.
- Performing relaxation exercises: infertility and stress go hand in hand, by relaxing the body; it can balance out hormones and improve fertility.
- Keep track of body temperature: avoid exposing the genitals to extreme temperatures from a hot tubs and saunas which can impair and damage sperm count.
- Maintain a healthy body weight: being overweight and underweight can impair fertility can influence estrogen and progesterone levels, and when out of balance it can lead to fertility impairment.
- Age: male fertility and sperm quality begins to diminish after the age of 30, so it may be a good idea to think about banking sperm while it s healthy and before sperm quality decreases.
- Check for heavy metal exposure: heavy metal toxins can affect the quality of sperm and this can be determined when a hair follicle or blood test is performed by a medical professional.
When trying to conceive a baby, there are natural ways to improve sperm quality and increase the chances for a healthy pregnancy. A couple should consult with a fertility specialist, follow any advice given and try various different ways in which to improve quality of sperm in order to become pregnant and finally have the baby they have always wanted.